Hello sweethearts, today I want to show you this super yummy recipe. We all love macarons, they are (excuse me for saying this) super “instagramable” BUT they also come super pricy. So I decided not to do the traditional cake for christmas and make those amazingly cute biscuits to serve. Also, warning: this recipe is not at all healthy! I already reduced sugar from the original recipe but this contains a lot of fats and sugar, so if you are on a special diet or something you might want to try just one! 😉
Anyway, let’s jump into how to create your very own Macaron. Last thing, if you want to experiment and do other flavors you are more than welcome ! You just have to switch some ingredients and colours but it is really easy. Same thing if you don’t like any of the ingredients or have some alergies, you can switch from pistachios to nuts or strawberry to blueberry, etc…
Time: ! ! !
Budget: € € €
Difficulty: + + +
- Pour the egg whites into a container with the salt and whip them to a light mousse. Add one spoon of the icing sugar and continue whipping. Add the rest of the sugar gradually and whip everytime.
- Lightly incorporate the almond powder to your egg-whites without “breaking” the volume of it. So don’t mix it like crazy or your result will not be positive. You then want to divide it in four bowls (as for four flavors, if you are making less or more adjust to what you need). Add one or two drops of food coloring to every mixture.
- In a pastry bag, pour one of your mixtures and create on wax paper little circles of 2cm approximately. Repeat the operation for each color.
- Let the shells dry in the open air for 30 min and pre-heat the oven at 170°C.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream: whisk your butter while adding the icing sugar. Add the vanilla flavor and single cream and keep whisking.
- Again, divide the cream into four bowls and incorporate cacao, lemon zest, pistachios and strawberry jam in each.
- Bake your shells in the oven for 10/14 min (keep an eye on it all the time) at 170°C and let it cool down.
- Then, garnish the “ugly” flat side of the macaron with the cream and place another shell on top of it (you are basically making a sandwich). Once you have repeated the operation with each flavor, you are done! You can conserve them into a box in the fridge or serve them at the moment.
I really hope you liked this idea and as always if you recreate this tag me on Instagram at @marienardi or comment down here telling me what you think! This can also be a great last minute gift if you put them into a cute box with their name on it.
I will see you very soon for a last Xmas article ! Stay cozy, be with your family and merry christmas and happy holidays to you all!